Be assured: most employers prefer CIPs
According to a survey conducted by The Conference Board of Canada in May 2015, the vast majority of insurance industry employers want their employees to have or to earn the CIP designation.
- 71% of employers agreed that job candidates with a CIP designation are more attractive potential hires
- 70% said they prefer or require employees to have the designation
- 79% agreed that there are more industry opportunities for those with a CIP designation
- 77% reported that employees with the CIP designation offer higher quality service
- 73% reported that employees with the CIP designation are more competent than those without
- 97% reported offering some form of support for employees taking the CIP Program
On average, CIPs are better paid
According to the survey, those who hold a CIP designation can expect to earn, on average, about $8,000 more a year than their colleagues with a similar level of experience—but no CIP designation.
For more details, read this excerpt from the survey itself.
A CIP Perspective
As a graduate of the CIP program, I have the education and knowledge that has not only helped me to excel in my current role, but has provided me with the basis to excel in almost every facet of the industry.